Monday, October 17, 2011

Autumn Door

Halloween decorations are popping up all over the neighborhood. I visited a couple friends this week and it looks as if Halloween has exploded all over their homes! (I mean that in the best and cutest way possible). And all of this Halloween festiveness has made me realize that I am woefully lacking in the spooky decor department. I also came to the conclusion that Halloween decorations just don't do it for me. I love the costumes, carving pumpkins, the candy and trick-or-treating. I just don't love decorating for it. Autumn on the other had I can do.
So despite the fact that it is supposed to be 100 degrees here today and it looks and feels nothing like fall, I made a fall wreath. I was inspired by a wreath that I saw on Pinterest but unfortunately the link doesn't work so I don't know who to attribute the inspiration to.
I love grey in every shade (it's my new black) and paired with this rusty orange and deep plum I'm sure autumn, in all her glory will want to come to my door.
And so I say Welcome Fall!

Celebrate Color
I'm linking up here, and with all this lovely color saturation, you'll likely be seeing more fall crafts around here.

3 comments:

  1. Love the wreath and those flowers are so pretty! Thanks! Do leaves turn in 100 degree weather??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do Halloween decorating either... for whatever reason, it just doesn't fit me. But, I love fall!

    ReplyDelete