Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Check Another One Off the List

Well, I finished the smocking and the dress, which as it turned out were two very separate projects. I loved doing the smocking, it was just an extension of embroidery which I love doing. I wasn't as excited about actually sewing the dress. However, it ended up being fun, even if I did have to scramble to get it done for church on Easter. I got to try a few new skills like- french seams, a hem, and a rolled edge (I don't know if that is what you call it but it's the hand stitched finish on the sleeve edge).
In the end it turned out about as close to perfect as I could have hoped for and fit my girl just right.

I'm also linking up over at Tea Rose Home today. If you have a minute, come check out all the goodness.

1 comment:

  1. super sweet ! & i'm impressed, i've never done smocking before ! well done !

    ReplyDelete