Monday, May 23, 2011

May Card Group

May was my month to host our card group. It was an enjoyable evening making cards and visiting.
To decide what card to make that night I went to what I know- fabric. I love bunting and had so much fun picking out fabrics (mostly polka-dots). My original plan was the birthday card on the right. But I keep getting hung up on nautical themes so I made the card on the left. And gave the ladies their choice which to make.
For refreshement I made Lemon Shortbread Cookie Cups with raspberries on top and cinnamon roasted almonds. I hate to say it but they were both delisious!
That night after everyone went home I had extra supplies and whipped up a couple cards for the Etsy shop.

Cinnamon Roasted Almonds


1 cup white sugar
1/2 t. kosher salt
2 t. cinnamon
1 egg white
1 t. vanilla
4 cups raw almonds

1. Preheat oven to 250 deg. F. Cover a 13x18 inch baking sheet with parchment paper (or
grease well).

2. In small bowl combine sugar, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl slighty beat the egg white. Add vanilla and beat until very frothy, but not stiff.
Add the almonds and stir until well coated. Add the cinnamon and sugar mixtrue and toss until evenly coated. Spread evenly on the prepared pan.

4. Bake for one hour, stirring half way through. Allow to cool then store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment