Monday, November 21, 2011

Autumn Stitchery Finish

Before Christmas totally takes over I thought I would post one last fall colors project. This finish is a year in the making. Last year around this time I really needed something to stitch on when my baby was sleeping but I was too tired to do much of anything else. Enter this darling Autumn sampler from Crab-apple Hill Studio. It didn't take me long to finish it, but then it languished in my unfinished projects drawer. Until this week when my husband brought this frame home from work.
The border is Kona Ash.
My favorite parts- the "Autumn" stitched in variegated thread, and the tiny wool leaves and flowers.
My not so favorite parts- the fact that the muslin I stitched on is all wrinkled. No matter how much I iron it this is how it looks- frustration. Also I'm not sure how I feel about the frame. I had planned to paint it, even bought the paint but had second thoughts.
What do you think?
Hooray for the weather finally feeling like autumn just in time for the Christmas decorations!

4 comments: