Monday, June 11, 2012

A Trio of Minis

Finally after all these ages I actually have something to post. Well, that is a misrepresentation, because I've been making stuff, I just haven't actually gotten around to taking pictures and posting about them. Case in point- these minis have been done for at least a month and I only just took pictures of them.
Minis are fun- give you a chance to try out different techniques, work with scraps and they are done so quick! The first one is made from all the Harmonies fabric I had left over from the shower curtain I made a few years ago. It measures 22 inches square and is listed in the shop.
The second I made with the scraps from Kennedy's crib quilt that my mom made. They were all triangles and I enjoyed trying out a new technique- a chevron design from triangles. Although I have to admit that I don't love piecing triangles and probably wouldn't do it again. It measures 20 inches square and Kennedy has claimed it for her doll/stuffed animals.
Last but not least is this little selvage quilt. I really love creating blocks from selvages and these were so quick and easy. Each square of selvages was 4 1/2 inches. I also did something different with the quilting- straight horizontal and vertical lines grouped together. I love how it turned out. This one measures 22 x 26 inches and is listed in the shop.
I backed all of them with a sheet, it is Roxy brand and thick but still silky smooth. Oh, and one more new technique- I experimented with sewing the binding down by machine, at first it did not go very well, but by the third one I started to get the hang of it.
So, hooray for quick little finishes and trying new stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Love the darla selvage one! Cute. I agree minis are a good way to try something out.

    ReplyDelete