Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oven Mitt and Hot Pad

I've been considering making an oven mitt for a while now, and finally decided to take the plunge, as a Christmas gift for a friend. I loved doing the patchwork and the quilting. I used the pattern piece that is on the Insul-Bright wrapper. I think it turned out cute, but it is a bit small (even after I enlarged the pattern). Also if I make another I'll change how I do the binding, because sewing this one on was not fun.

I used a collection of Christmas-y fabrics that I have on hand. Unfortunately I don't know the names of any of them.

I made this hot pad to match too. I love doing embroidery and I think this tree is quite charming.

The back of the hot pad (I used this fabric as the lining for the mitt too).

I've decided that I really like making hot pads, and with a few modifications I'd like to make more oven mitts. A quick and fun holiday gift for someone on your list this year. T minus 11 days and counting!

1 comment:

  1. So stickin' cute. You've been keeping secrets from me!

    ReplyDelete