Friday, December 9, 2011

The Savvy Seasons Swap

I've been wanting to post these pictures for a while now, but decided I should wait until my partner received her package. Because even though I am quite certain that she does not read my blog, there are some items that could have ruined the surprise if she had stumbled across my neck of the woods.
This is the whole of it.
The large item was the tree skirt, or more appropriately the tree pants. It is very similar to the one I made for myself a couple years ago. I used Crazy Mom Quilt's tutorial for it and went very scrappy with the log cabins.

I sent one of my fabric bunting cards with a little holiday note.

My partner was The Plaid Scottie (I know! a bit intimidating for me!), so I decided to make her a selvage ornament Scottie! I don't mean to have a big head, but I love how he turned out. I also sent a couple of plaid napkins but forget to take a picture of them.

I couldn't resist including a fortune cookie tag, although I'm sure I'll get docked points somewhere for the use of a card and a tag for the same gift.

A back shot of the tree pants, with three covered buttons for closure.

Here you can see the backing fabric along with delicious White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies.

And finally a little personalization on the back.

Here's hoping that Ms. Plaid Scottie loves and get lots of use out of these items this Christmas.



Update: As it turns out, she's already putting everything to good use, what a relief!

1 comment: